Engineering Nonlinearity Half-Yearly Meeting to be held at the University of Bristol 9-10 January 2017
The Engineering Nonlinearity (ENL) Half-Yearly meeting will be held at Queen’s Building, Faculty of Engineering at the University of Bristol from 9-10 January 2017. The University will play host to up to 50 attendees from the project’s academic and industrial partners and Steering Committee, including EPRSC representative Josie Robinson.
The Keynote Lecture on day one will be given by Prof. Bruce Drinkwater, Professor of Ultrasonics at the University of Bristol.
Simon Coggon of Airbus will give the Industry lecture on day two, which will also include elevator pitches and a poster session from researchers and PhD students associated with the project.
Over the course of the two days, the Theme Leaders will give an overview at the 4 and a half year mark of this 5-year project:
- Theme 0 – Coordinating activities – led by Prof. David Wagg
- Theme 1 – System Identification, led by Prof. Keith Worden
- Theme 2 – Random Vibration, led by Prof. Robin Langley
- Theme 3 – Nonlinear modal analysis and testing, led by Profs Jonathan Cooper and Simon Neild
- Theme 4 – Bifurcation Analysis, led by Profs Alan Champneys and Mike Friswell
- Theme 5 – Active Control, led by Prof. Steve Elliott